Friday, February 13, 2009

Footsteps, Faces, Hearts and Hands

Lyrics
There is one who knows all my fears,
All my joy, all my sorrow too.
When I cry to Him, I know He hears.
The Spirit whispers words of comfort, words of truth.

With His hands He’ll reach to lift my burden.
With His heart He loves eternally.
With His life in Gethsemane
He suffered for my sins, He paid the price for me.

I made promises long ago.
In this life, my time is not my own.
There are others whom I’ve been called to serve.
Lord, help me share the love which you have always shown.

With my hands I’ll lift another’s burden.
With my heart I’ll love eternally.
With my life I will serve as He.
I will do the work my Savior has for me.

Take my hands, O Lord, Take my heart.
All I have I freely give to thee.
Use my mind, my soul, Use my feet.
That they may swiftly run to help all those in need.

With my hands I’ll lift another’s burden.
With my heart I’ll love eternally.
With my life, I will serve as Thee.
Until my life reflects Thy light inside of me.

Footsteps, faces, hearts and hands, serving Thee.

Story
While living in Albuquerque, I was asked by the Relief Society President of the Paradise Hills Ward to write a song for our upcoming visiting teaching conference. The theme was "Footsteps, Faces, Hearts and Hands." I have always had a strong testimony of the Relief Society and the work that we can do to lift and help one another in our Savior's service. I know there have been times when I have felt inspired to do something for another that seemed trivial at the time, but which I later learned were answers to prayer. There have been many more times when a kind word, a phone call, a meal, an offer to watch my children, have come from dear sisters as an answer to my desperate prayers for help. I hope the Lord will continue to use me as an instrument in blessing his children, and that my life can reflect His light as I serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment